Friday, October 21, 2011

Homecoming

As I sit here tonight with the rain drizzling outside, Shannon reading to the kiddos downstairs, and Nickles squealing somewhere in the background, my heart is at rest.  My family is all back under one roof.  I didn't think having one of my kiddos away for so long would bother me much, but now that Kath is back I realize it kind of did!  Not that I wouldn't let she or one of her siblings go somewhere again if need be, each child is just missed when they are not home.  It makes me dread college days...like pit-in-the-stomach dread...but those days aren't here yet!

The trip to the airport quite an exciting event today.  No one could wait to get there.  We arrived a bit too early, then waited some more.  Joshie and Annika were so excited that they couldn't stop hugging the rest of us.  "Aren't you so excited, Mom?!?"  



We watched the plane land, waving all the while.  Michaela reminded us that Katherine couldn't see us, but hey, who cares, right?






I may place this picture on the kids' bathroom mirror, or possibly right next to their beds, so that they remember how much they love one another when they are arguing next week, or tomorrow, as the case may be.











And so, in our at-the-moment-peaceful home, we are all back together and I will try not to take that for granted as this time is so short before they all head their separate ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment