Thursday, October 13, 2011

Milestones or Setbacks?

Of the many "milestones" that children achieve in their first three years, I consider two of them horrible setbacks, 1.) The ability to climb onto a stool and 2.) Learning how to open doors.
My last two boys seem to be a bit ahead of the curve in the physical achievement area, making my job much more, shall we say, demanding.
Til now we could lock Nicholas out of a room by simply closing the door.  Alas, that is no longer possible.
All I heard was Annika crying about Nicholas terrorizing her Playmobile village.


If I persevere, I will succeed...






This is soooooo frustrating...I know Annika is having a great time in there without me.  



Ah ha!



My face says it all ~ success!




After this little episode we needed an energy-burning break, so we headed outside to hopscotch.  




Which direction are Dom's feet headed?







Does anyone remember how much exercise this is?  I'm thinking several laps around the driveway daily will have us all ski-season-ready by December.  

Notice the flowers in the background, the deer nibbled everything away a couple nights ago.  It was kind of sad waking up to twiggy flower pots, but such is life. 

The boys saw a bear yesterday ~ at least they saw its' tail wiggle ~ so we are keeping the kids closer to home.  Shannon did verify that there had indeed been one nearby as I found the boys' story a little sketchy ~ I mean, a bear's tail???
It sounded like a tall tale!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment