Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bravery ~

For those that think I'm brave, I'm not.  This is difficult to admit, but I'm afraid of the dark.  And afraid to enter empty buildings by myself. I'm especially afraid to walk into an empty building in the dark.  When my kiddos are with me I can pretend to be brave, but when I'm alone, forget it.  My heart races, imaginary creatures hide in every shadow, I'm jumpier than a jackrabbit.  The last couple nights while Shannon has been in Helena I have been walking back and forth between the hospital and the motel. 
In the dark.  
Entering a dark building in the dark.  
It's been bad. 
When Shannon called to check up on me I nearly jumped out of my skin simply from the phone's ring. 

Max's nurse asked if I'd be back for night feedings.
Um, no.  Unless you'll come pick me up.  
She declined.  

If I could just get past all the monsters hiding in the shrubbery and sneaking through the shadows, it would be a beautiful walk.  

                                     The iPad's camera makes it appear much lighter than it is!

E I



No comments:

Post a Comment